The University is licensed:
By the # 413 decision (dated August 18, 2005) and # 696 decision (dated December 15, 2005) of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia.
The University is accredited based:
- On 26 August 2005 decision of accreditation council of high educational institution in Georgia #2-19/334, for 2005 the number of first grade students to enroll was determined as 97.
- On 21 December 2005 decision of accreditation council of high educational institution in Georgia #2-19/364, for 2006 the number of first grade students to enroll was determined as 161.
- On 2 October 2007 decision of accreditation council #80, number of students (all included) was determined as 1473.
- On 10 November 2008 decision of accreditation council #22, limited (marginal) number of students was determined as 2205.
- On 30 December 2009 decision of high educational institution accreditation council # 22/S .
All the activities of the University of Georgia are regulated by the Georgian Constitution, Georgian international agreement and also by Georgian Law about high and general education system, public person law and about other adequate normative notary acts and own University Covenant.